A solution of CBD-rich cannabis oil with a 100% organic coconut oil carrier to increase absorption. The most popular choice to take cannabis oil. Available in 12ml bottle with the dropper for micro-dosing. Currently available through us directly or via our established reseller network throughout South Africa.
Panacea Pain Relief Balm is our flagship design. A scientifically engineered topical that provides effective targeted relief from arthritic pain and aches. Each ingredient of the cream is natural and chosen for its pain relieving properties. Developed in conjunction with The Arthritis Foundation South Africa. Currently available through us directly or via our established reseller network throughout South Africa.
What is Medical Grade Cannabis Oil?
Medical Cannabis oil is a broad term that is used to describe any cannabis medication that is designed to help relieve symptoms of illness in a patient. There are many cannabis-based oils, tinctures, capsules and creams available on the South African market. The term medical grade refers to the way in which cannabis is grown and extracted. Medical grade cannabis will be grown in an indoor controlled environment where the plants’ health is constantly monitored, extraction is done in a sterile lab environment where ISO standards adhere too. Medical grade oil will cost more than homemade oil, but the benefits to your system will be massive.
- Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)– is a chemical responsible for the psychoactive effects that cannabis is popularly known for. THC acts on cannabinoid receptors that are concentrated in areas of the brain that are associated with memory, pleasure, coordination, time perception and thinking. THC is only one of many compounds that are found within the resin glands of the cannabis plant. THC has many medical benefits, it is highly effective as a pain management treatment, also effective in treating a large number of cognitive issues. Recent evidence shows that epilepsy and cancer, in particular, respond well to THC based treatment.
- Cannabidiol (CBD)– Cannabidiol or (CBD) is a naturally occurring compound that is found within the Cannabis plant. CBD has many medical benefits and unlike THC it is completely non-psychoactive in nature. CBD is safe and effective for the treatment of chronic pain, anxiety, inflammation, depression and many other medical conditions. Extensive research is showing that CBD is a powerful treatment option for a whole host of issues that conventional medicine struggles to effectively treat.
Cannabis Oil Insights
South Africans can now grow and use cannabis in the privacy of their own home thanks to the constitutional court ruling in September 2018 that ruled that it is not a criminal offense for an adult citizen to possess or grow cannabis in a private environment for personal consumption. South Africa is on the verge of fully embracing this amazing plant. The scientist are daily discovering new ways to harness the medical attributes of the plant and now these products are insights that are available to all South Africans.
Cannabis oil is also called dagga olie, dagga oil, hemp oil, CBD oil, and weed oil. Whatever one calls it, it’s powerful and should be considered as part of any treatment plan, cannabis oil enhances ones entire endocannabinoid system which results in a patient feeling mentally stronger, emotionally more stable and physically stronger.
About CBD Cannabis Oil
CBD Cannabis oil is a trending topic these days, medical evidence is highlighting the natural powerful benefits these oils produce when taken orally. Medical grade cannabis oil is 100% natural and a powerful medical alternative to many conventional pharmaceutical medications that are currently marketed in South African and Globally.
People worldwide are choosing natural therapies above brand names marketed in bulk and produced by pharmaceutical corporations. So many drugs have terrible side effects, sometimes worse than the ailment itself. Except cannabis oil – this natural medicinal compound that has no negative side effects. The good news is that our products are locally produced in South Africa and are available through us directly or via our established reseller network throughout South Africa.
What is Cannabis Oil?
Cannabis oil refers to the extract that is harvested from the plant. The resin of the cannabis plant contains cannabinoids that are found within a sticky resin that is found in the flower of the plant. This resin is extracted in a sterile environment and turned into medical grade products that are now freely available via us or our established network of resellers that operate throughout South Africa.
With the popularity around cannabis based medications, you will most likely have heard of at least two of the many compounds that are found within the plant. The first is THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) and the second CBD (Cannabidiol), in reality there are hundreds of compounds that are produced but these two seem to have the most research conducted and they also are present in the highest concentrations within the plant. Most medical advancements being made in this space centre on both THC and CBD respectively.
Most people use or know about the two main cannabinoids:
- Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)– a psychoactive compound prevalent in cannabis that has a number of medical attributes, most notably it is effective for the treatment of pain, muscle spasticity, glaucoma, insomnia, low appetite, nausea and anxiety to name but a few conditions that THC effectively treats.
- Cannabidiol (CBD)– a non-psychoactive, second most abundant compound found in cannabis, with few side effects; mostly legal, especially as medical cannabis. Effectively used to treat seizures, inflammation, pain, psychosis or mental disorders, inflammatory bowel disease, nausea, migraines and depression and anxiety to name but a few of the conditions that CBD effectively treats.
Cannabis Oil Insights
Being informed about the health benefits of cannabis compounds helps to support the push for its blanket legalisation. Scientists are conducting in-depth studies to better understand how and why cannabinoids that are found with the cannabis plant react so well to our endocannabinoid system. Medical cannabis oil is being prescribed byt pharmacists, doctors and natural health practitioners. Patients that are correctly prescribed the oils function better than those that are simply treating via conventional means. Our entire range is available either directly form us or via our established network of resellers who reside around South Africa.
Cannabis Oil Uses
Medical cannabis has been used for centuries by health professionals around the globe. In ancient times, physicians around the plant mixed cannabis with other herbs to create treatments for a whole host of issues. Such uses included treatments for pain, anxiety, infertility, cognitive issues to name but a few. In the 1970’s pharmaceutical companies realised the threat that cannabis posed and aggressive attempts were made to create synthetic compounds that were naturally found within the plant. The motive was that a synthetic compound could be patented and ultimately controlled for profit. Prior to its prohibition, more than 280 producers in the USA produced successfully around 2000 cannabis based medications that helped to treat people. Our entire range of medical grade cannabis oils are available either directly from us or via our established network of resellers who reside around South Africa.
Medical CBD or THC Oil
Medical CBD or THC oil refers to how the cannabis plant was grown and extracted. The cannabis plant contains more than 400 different compounds of which 70 are known cannabinoids. For this reason the study and research that goes into cannabis is complicated due to the large number of variables and factors at play. Modern science has shown that to fully harness the power of the plant, you need to ensure that the ratio of THC to CBD is balanced to ensure that the entourage effect is promoted ultimately ensuring that the patient’s condition is effectively treated.
There should be more CBD than THC for medicinal purposes as the CBD mitigates the psychoactive qualities of the THC, rendering a potent medication that can successfully treat many disorders.
Today, people are choosing CBD cannabis oil to boost their present health, all our products are available directly through us or via our established network of resellers around South Africa.
You can use cannabis oil for:
- Heart disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Ovarian Cancer
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Differences between Cannabis and Hemp
Cannabis oil is often confused with Hemp oil. Both oils are extracted from the Cannabis sativa plan, Cannabis is produced in three primary ways, firstly we have herbal which involves the dried flowers and tops and leaves of the plant, second we have resin, which involves the crushing the plant to extract a sticky resin that resides within the flowers. Lastly we have oil, which is extracted from the leaves and flowers.
- Cannabis– Contains both THC and CBD as well as many other cannabinoids. The main difference between Cannabis and Hemp is the THC content. Cannabis contains THC that is more than 0.2% and Hemp contains THC that is less than 0.2%.
- Hemp– contains mostly CBD and is used as a general health booster, plus medicinal therapy. Hemp is mostly grown for its fibre and seeds, used in manufacturing and to create health products. The lack of THC makes hemp a safer, more acceptable health therapy, used for nutritional and medicinal purposes. Hemp oil is revered for its ideal omega 3 / omega 6 ratio while CBD oil is used as a medication, with no side effects.
Cannabis and the Endocannabinoid System
Cannabis has been scientifically proved to be beneficial for your health. Cannabinoids can treat human illnesses, often with success. THC and CBD work with the body’s endocannabinoid system, this system regulates pleasure, metabolism and mental moods as well as a number of other key issues including pain. Our bodies naturally produce cannabinoids, but if there is a deficiency present then you need to supplement your cannabinoid intake and there is nothing more powerful or better than cannabis. In the same way we take Vitamin C from lemons and oranges because we know these fruits contain high levels of it, we use cannabis to supplement our cannabinoid needs.
Cannabis Oil and Cancer
Research has shown that THC and CBD interact with CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors on cancer cells which encourages increased ceramide. This forces the cancer cells to commit suicide, or undergo programmed cell death, which is essential for the maintenance of normal cellular homeostasis and is an important physiological response to many forms of cellular stress.
Usually cancer cells do not die but continue to spread and multiply. So when patients take cannabis oils constantly for a period of time, they keep up the metabolic pressure on cancer cells to die and to stop proliferating. It is therefore safe to say that cannabis oil can kill your cancer.
How to use cannabis oil
- Tinctures– Our Panacea tinctures comprise organic coconut oil carrier with THC/CBD extract. The tinctures are ideal for micro dosing and the treatment of more minor issues.The oil is solvent and heavy metal free. The oil is not a one size fits all, you need to engage with our team of highly skilled consultants who will be able to advise what dose is required for the issue being treated.
- Capsules– Our Panacea capsules are suitable for macro dosing and the treatment of more serious issues. If you would like to know more about what the capsules can effectively treat. Please do not hesitate to contact one of our consultants who will be able to advise what daily dose is required as well and any additional lifestyle changes that might enhance your recovery.
- Pain Cream– The Panacea Ultra Pain Balm is one of our flagship products. We developed it in conjunction with the Arthritis Foundation of South Africa. If you are looking for a perfect topical pain management solution, this is the product for you. If you would like to know if this balm is suitable for your needs, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our consultants.
Cannabis Therapy is South Africa’s leading online resource for medical cannabis oil.
Our highly skilled team at Cannabis Therapy work to keep abrest of the latest developments within the cannabis space. We are in touch with new developments currently occurring as per legislation, including how best to develop products for medical purposes, and what additional support can be offered to our patients. Our cannabis oils, and supporting products, are very powerful at helping manage serious illnesses, including, but not limited to, Cancer, Alzheimer’s Disease, Epilepsy, Diabetes and Multiple Sclerosis.
The Cannabis Therapy team is on hand 24/7 to assist clients and patients – and provide current education on cannabis oil and our supporting products. We are also here to give advice regarding how best to utilise them. Our ultimate goal is to help thousands of South Africans enjoy a richer quality of life.
Note: Please be advised that all content and information on our website is specifically aimed at offering information concerning cannabis and its derivative products. We strongly suggest that you do not start any cannabis therapy before active consultation with your doctor or specialist.