Side Effects of Cannabis Oil – Do They Exist?
The side effects of cannabis oil do exist. But the question remains whether cannabis oil has side effects at all? Cannabis Therapy will highlight the side effects of cannabis, cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). The reader then decides whether these health remedies are viable.
CBD and THC are both unique healing cannabinoids (chemical compounds) found in the cannabis plant. Take CBD for things like pain, depression, insomnia, epilepsy and heart issues. Take THC for pain and inflammation, nausea and vomiting, depression and lack of appetite. Both of these substances have side effects. But these impacts are minimal and do nor harm the patient. It is far more important to be healthy and to benefit from the oils as a natural therapy.
The side effects of cannabis are actually instigated by the cannabinoids. These can impact the physiological and psychological state (body and mind). THC comes in differing concentrations from different cannabis plants. The side effects emerge as a result of a combination of factors. Too much THC causes negative side effects. Smoking cannabis affects the respiratory tract and lungs. The good news is that no one can really overdose from cannabis oil!
Side effects of cannabis
Long term effects
- Forgetfulness, lack of concentration, problems with thinking and learning
- Lack of libido (sex drive), lower sperm count in men, menstruation issues in women
- Rapid heart beat therefore can worsen heart disease
- Respiratory issues where breathing becomes difficult and user is at risk of bronchitis or even cancer of the respiratory tract if smoking cannabis
- Addiction to the plant and associated problems that come with substance dependence
Short term effects
- Feeling high – a sense of elation, relaxation and very sociable, extrovert behaviour
- Altered coordination and focus therefore should not drive a car or operate machinery
- Rapid heart rate, red eyes, dilated pupils, hunger
- Inaccurate insights about time and space and context where user is extra sensitive and has heightened sensory perception
- Paranoia, anxiety, panic, introvert, socially inept
- Sedation, disorientation, hallucinations, broken up thoughts
Side effects of CBD
- Low blood pressure
- Hinders the effects of other drugs being taken for other conditions
- Dry mouth
- Parkinson’s Disease -increased tremors of too much used; decreased tremors if small doses used
Side effects of THC
- Lack of focus, muddled thoughts
- Less interest in completing things
- Less ability to coordinate body and mind
- Elation, relaxation, sedation
- Lack of ability to remember recent events
The side effects of cannabis oil do exist BUT they are negligible when you consider the goodness that comes from CBD and THC. These cannabinoids can heal the body and mind to the extent that even cancer is being cured in patients who take cannabis oils. Please contact Cannabis Therapy for all your cannabis oil needs. We will advise you about the side effects (if any) in CBD and THC.