What is Acquired Hypothyroidism?
Hyperthyroidism is a serious medical condition that can greatly affect the lives of the patient and his or her loved ones.This is not as well-known a disease as those who are affected by it might believe. In fact, most people have no idea what it is. The condition called “Acquired Hypothyroidism” happens when the thyroid gland produces too little thyroid hormone. This ailment can occur during childhood and will usually start affecting a child from as young as 6 months. The thyroid gland is an organ which is found in the front of the neck. The thyroid produces chemicals that are essential for normal body functioning. This important gland helps to regulate body temperature, growth and heart rate. Your thyroid also affects your body’s utilization of energy which can affect weight gain and weight loss.
What are the Symptoms and Signs of Acquired Hypothyroidism?
The symptoms and signs of acquired hypothyroidism may vary depending on age.
- Early symptoms and signs :
- Dry, flaky skin or thin and brittle fingernails or hair.
- Coarse or dull-looking facial features.
- Hoarseness and large tongue.
- Bulging soft mass in the belly button.
- Delay or failure in growth and development.
- Large arm and leg muscles.
- Later signs and symptoms:
- Feeling depressed, irritable, or lacking energy.
- Problems moving his bowel, such as constipation.
- Delay in sexual development, like breasts or testes.
- Feeling too cold when the temperature is just right or normal for everyone else.
- Teeth may erupt (appear) late, learning, speech, or behaviour problems
- Swelling of his whole body, very slow heartbeat, and troubled breathing.
While this a complicated and possibly fatal disease, cannabis oil has shown promising results in treating the affliction. New studies are being conducted to further our knowledge on the condition and how cannabis oil has the ability to cure it.