Will Cannabis Oil Cure my HIV?
Many people ask that one huge question: Will cannabis oil cure my HIV? Research into the benefits of taking cannabis oil for HIV is ongoing. Patients can be reassured about the positive impacts of cannabis oil on HIV. Cannabis oil can treat HIV symptoms, affecting more then 35 million people globally. HIV symptoms include:
- lack of appetite,
- loss of weight,
- nausea and vomiting,
- depression and anxiety,
- pain and inflammation,
- twitching painful nerves,
- muscle loss,
- diabetes – and more.
What is HIV?
HIV is a virus (human immunodeficiency virus) that attacks the immune system. The immune system is the body’s baseline of health and defense against disease. The virus kills the T-helper cells (white blood cells in the immune system, also called CD4 cells). It makes copies of itself inside these cells. The virus then kills the cells and gradually kills the immune system. It keeps making more copies of itself.
The immune system dissolves along with the patient’s good health. They can no longer fight off any infections or diseases. It can take between 2 to 15 years for the immune system to totally break down. This is dependent on age, health and social context. The HIV progresses into being AIDS. This is the final phase of HIV and will lead to death. Cannabis oil can slow down this process of immune system destruction. Cannabis oil is a natural therapy that aims to assist the HIV patient with the side effects of the disease.
Cannabis Oil Manages HIV Symptoms
- Pain – HIV presents itself as pain in all parts of the body including joints, nerves and muscles. Cannabis oil takes the edge off mild, medium or very severe pain. Cannabidiol (CBD) is a great pain reliever which hinders the transfer of pain messages to the brain. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) also treats pain while also making the patient euphoric. Cannabis oil can replace the need for strong opioids.
- Nausea – Cannabis oil relieves nausea and vomiting caused by various disorders of the central nervous and digestive systems. Cannabis oil therefore made it easier for HIV patients to continue using their anti-retroviral therapies.
- Appetite – Cannabis oil is a great appetite stimulant. HIV patients tend to lose lots of weight and do not want to eat. Studies show how HIV patients benefited when they ate better.
- Moods – Cannabis oil is a natural anti-depressant and anti-anxiety compound. HIV patients often feel depressed and anxious. Cannabinoids cling to receptors in the brain which enhance moods, reducing anxiety and depression.
- Peripheral neuropathy – Cannabis oil can relieve this form of pain associated with HIV. One or more nerves in the peripheral nervous system (outside of the brain and central nervous system) are harmed and cause pain and twitching or loss of muscle and coordination.
These results prove that cannabis oil can manage HIV. And maybe one day there will be proof that this medicinal therapy heals thousands of people with HIV. So far, it is the right medication to use to boost the immune system. Contact us at Cannabis Therapy to hear how our cannabis oil can manage your HIV symptoms.