Everything you need to Know about Intake Methods for Cannabis Oil
In this article, Cannabis Therapy will explain everything you need to know about intake methods for cannabis oil. It is crucial to find the right dose and to ensure you choose the right intake method for your needs. Someone suffering extreme pain should take capsules or suppositories to feel the therapeutic effects of the cannabis oil immediately. Another great way to feel immediate relief from a disease is to choose vaporization as your intake method for cannabis oil. Many people prefer the tinctures as they are so easy to take, under the tongue, and others like to use the creams and balms for inflammation of joints and skin.
Read on if you want to know everything about intake methods for cannabis oil. First step is to understand the difference between cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) because they have differing side effects and health benefits. Too much THC, for example, will have negative effects on the user who will feel high and maybe a bit paranoid. With CBD, however, you can never have too much and there are no dangerous side effects. Both of these cannabinoids are chemical compounds found in the same plant and offer wonderful health benefits. But THC is psychoactive and CBD is not. Start with low doses of your cannabis oil and choose your intake method.
The Low Down on Cannabis Oil Intake Methods
- Vaporization – inhaling your cannabis oil brings immediate effects and is very convenient if you use a vape pen. When you inhale cannabis, it goes straight to the lungs then into the veins to the brain. This trendy intake method heats the cannabis but it does not combust so is still safe to use – unlike smoking a joint. THe CBD and THC interact with the central nervous system this way and therefore those who feel stressed will soon feel calmer.
- Cannabis oils – take them just so, CBD in a very concentrated medium which uses coconut or olive oil as its carrier oil.
- Tinctures – most tinctures are made using an alcohol solvent such as ethanol – the cannabis plant is heated with the solvent and this stimulates the CBD or THC so that it can be used medicinally. This intake method means you can take a high dose of cannabis oil.
- Capsules and suppositories – this concentrated form of cannabis oil is easy to consume and the effects are felt straight away. At Cannabis Therapy, capsule dosages are worked out before hand and then combined with 100% organic coconut butter for greater absorption. We only use pure organic coconut butter and cannabis oil. The capsules are made of natural gelatin, easily absorbed by the body.
- Cannabis oil balms and creams – the Fresh Balm at Cannabis Therapy is specifically formulated to deeply moisten your skin, healing scars and skin conditions such as acne and psoriasis.