Will Cannabis Oil Cure my HIV?
There are many people asking that one huge question: Will cannabis oil cure my HIV? Research around the benefits of taking cannabis if you have HIV is ongoing but there are many positives for patients when they take cannabis oil to to manage their HIV. Cannabis oil can definitely treat the symptoms of HIV which affects more then 35 million people globally. HIV symptoms include lack of appetite, loss of weight, nausea, depression, anxiety, pain, twitching nerves and muscle loss, diabetes and more.
What is HIV?
HIV is a virus (human immunodeficiency virus) that attacks the immune system which is the body’s baseline of health and defense against disease. The virus kills the T-helper cells (white blood cells in the immune system, also called CD4 cells) making copies of itself inside these cells. The virus then kills the cells and gradually kills the immune system as it makes more copies of itself. So as the immune system dissolves and so does the person’s health and they cannot fight off any infections or diseases. It can a few years to up to 15 years for the immune system to totally break down, also dependent on age, health and social context. Eventually that person has AIDS, which is the last phase of HIV and will lead to death. Cannabis oil can slow down this process of immune system destruction and assist the patient with the side effects of the disease.
Cannabis Oil Will manage the Symptoms of HIV
- Pain – HIV presents itself as pain in all parts of the body including joints, nerves and muscles. The pain can be mild, medium or very bad but the cannabis oil immediately took the edge off this pain. The cannabinoids in the cannabis work with the body’s endocannabinoid system which regulates the immune system. Cannabidiol (CBD) is a great pain reliever which hinders the transfer of pain messages to the brain. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the cannabinoid known to cure pain while also giving the patient a high. But anything is better than feeling so achy all the time. The cannabinoids relieve HIV patients of nerve pain, tingling and burning feelings and chronic pain which they were treating with pain killers. Using cannabis oil replaces the need to use opioids, and has no side effects.
- Nausea – HIV patients reported that the cannabis relieved their nausea symptoms which are caused by various disorders of the central nervous system and digestive system. HIV patients who used cannabis oil found that they could continue using their anti-retroviral therapies more easily. Cannabis oil is known to cure nausea and vomiting symptoms in other illnesses and in patients who are on chemotherapy.
- Appetite – cannabis oil is a great stimulant of appetite which HIV patients need. They tend to lose lots of weight and do not want to eat. When taking cannabis oil to help with their HIV symptoms, patients felt so much better and their appetites increased. This meant they put on weight and their immune system got that bit stronger.
- Moods – HIV patients often feel depressed and anxious and cannabis oil is a known healer of these symptoms. Cannabinoids cling to receptors in the brain which enhance moods and reduce feelings of anxiety and depression.The main endocannabinoid receptor is the CB1 receptor which is found in the brain and right through the nervous system. Most depressions are linked to chemical disparities in the brain and originates in the nervous system. Depression is made worse when the endocannabinoid system is out of balance and the patient feels moody and cannot sleep, cannot eat and has low energy levels.
- Peripheral neuropathy – a form of pain associated with HIV when one or more nerves in the peripheral nervous system (outside of the brain and central nervous system) are harmed and cause pain and twitching or loss of muscle and coordination. Cannabis oil can relieve these symptoms and is a known reliever of inflammation, neural pain and general pain.
It makes you think that cannabis oil can manageHIV. And maybe one day there will be proof that this medicinal therapy heals thousands of people with HIV. So far, it is the right medication for boosting the immune system and dealing with the symptoms of the disease. Contact us at Cannabis Therapy to hear how our cannabis oil can manage your HIV symptoms.