How Can Cannabis Oil Help Treat Cancer?
Let us look at these one by one:
- Anti-emetic – CBD can work with the body’s endocannabinoid system, activating specific receptors in the brain that help to suppress nausea and vomiting.
- Anti-tumour – Cannabinoids can suppress tumours by forcing cancer cells to commit suicide. This also hinders the growth of cells and slows down the development of blood vessels that tumours depend on to grow. Cannabinoids can also stop metastasis, the breaking away of cancer cells from a tumour, to form a new tumour elsewhere in the body, using the blood or lymph system as their conveyer belt.
- Analgesic – Cannabinoids cling to CB1 endocannabinoid receptors in the central nervous system and in the peripheral nerve endings. They also cling to CB2 endocannabinoid receptors in peripheral tissue of the immune system. Cannabinoids reduce pain when they act on the spine and surrounding regions of the body, influencing pain pathways travelling up and down this central and peripheral nervous system. CBD and THC are both natural anti-inflammatory compounds – when CBD clings to CB2 receptors, it releases anti-inflammatory agents including serotonin and histamine – having an effect like that of morphine.
- Appetite stimulation – the body’s innate endocannabinoid system regulates many systems within the immune system, including appetite. THC is a great appetite stimulant in that it clings to CB1 receptors in the brain which could be linked to the perceptions of eating and getting rewards.
- Stress and insomnia – The endocannabinoid system can help to regulate moods and destroy any unpleasant, negative memories. CBD is a known anti-anxiety compound, calming people down and reducing stress. When cannabinoids work with the endocannabinoid system, they can induce better sleep patterns, so reducing insomnia and allowing the patient to calm down, eat well and sleep.
How Does Cannabis Oil Kill Cancer?
What are different Cannabis Strains and their Properties
THC and CBD are derived when heat is applied to cannabis and cannabis acids are activated to produce the cannabinoids we know. So, when THCA (tetrahydrocannabinolic acid) is heated, it creates THC. When CBDA (Cannabidiolic acid) is heated, it creates CBD. There are 8 main cannabinoid acids produced by cannabis, which when heated, become cannabinoids. The other ones are:
- CBGA (Cannabigerolic acid) – CBG (Cannabigerol)
- CBCA (Cannabichromenenic acid) – CBC (Cannabichromene)
- CBGVA (Cannabigerovarinic acid) – CBGV (Cannabigerivarin)
- THCVA (Tetrahydrocanabivarinic acid) – THCV (Tetrahydrocannabivarin)
- CBDVA (Cannabidivarinic acid) – CBDV (Cannabidivarin)
- CBCVA (Cannabichromevarinic acid) – CBCV (Cannabichromevarin)
Many cannabinoid acids have antibiotic or insecticidal properties because the cannabis plant makes these compounds to protect itself.
Is Cannabis Oil safe for Children
Parents should do their homework about medical cannabis. The cannabis plant comprises numerous cannabinoids, or chemical compounds, which can interact with the body’s endocannabinoid system to nurture health. Cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) are two of the main cannabinoids used to make medical cannabis oil products.
CBD is non-psychoactive making it a good medical therapy for children. It is used to treat common ailments such as headaches, insomnia, stress, lack of appetite and nausea. It also benefits chronic diseases such as Cancer, Fibromyalgia, Parkinson’s Disease and Alzheimer’s Disease. It can treat diseases of the brain and body because the cannabinoids interact with endocannabinoid receptors in the brain, central nervous system and immune system to ensure the body remains in a state of homeostasis. Cannabinoids will even go as far as forcing cancer cells to commit cell suicide, shrinking tumours and stopping them spreading around the body.
Be careful when using THC to dose children. This is a fantastic panacea for pain, epilepsy and other conditions, but should rather be taken in tandem with CBD to alleviate the high it causes.
Studies are showing that cannabis oil is a better medication to choose for autism than some pharmaceutical drugs. Children can safely take cannabis oil in small doses, specifically when the oil is mostly CBD. Children suffer all kinds of anxieties and conditions when they are in social and school situations – often these are “abnormal” environments where they cannot be themselves.
Autism and ADHD are increasingly diagnosed these days – children are taking heavy drugs to treat their conditions so that they can fit into “normal” environments with their peers. CBD is a useful cannabis extract for reducing seizures, anxiety, insomnia and nausea. CBD-infused cannabis oil is calming and free from side effects that other drugs do have.
When a child has autism, the brain does not develop normally regarding social and communication skills. Some doctors say that autism is a result of too few endocannabinoids. So, adding cannabinoids like CBD to the child’s immune system can only help.
Children who have ADHD are suffering too little dopamine in their brains. This neurotransmitter regulates attention, memory and other important cognitive actions in the brain. Cannabinoids like CBD interact with receptors in the brain to help manage the dopamine. The child can therefore concentrate better and calm down a lot. This is far better than a drug like Ritalin which has terrible side effects.
Panacea suggested treatment guidelines for children:
You would use the Panacea CBD/THC tincture, dosage is weight based.
Is Cannabis Oil safe for pets?
There are two main chemical compounds in the cannabis plant, which comprises numerous different cannabinoids. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) cling to certain receptors in your body and brain which are part of the innate endocannabinoid system. Even dogs have an endocannabinoid system. Before you treat your sick dog with cannabis oil, see which kind of cannabinoid suits the illness. THC is great for inflammation, but a blend of THC and CBD is better as the CBD takes away the psychotic properties of the THC (which makes patients high).
It is always difficult to know how much cannabis oil to give your sick dog, but you need to ensure it works. You do not want your dog to feel any side effects of the THC which will disorientate them. It can take a few hours for the cannabis oil to work on your sick dog. If you think the dog is not responding enough, increase the dosage a little. An overdose means your dog is wobbly, spaced out, not eating or drinking and battling to stand up. Then you take your dog to the vet. Never leave your dog alone if dosing with cannabis. Use CBD strains rather than THC strains just to be on the safe side as CBD is a natural medication with NO side effects.
The answer to dosing your pet is not to assume that they are people. So, don’t try to give them people-sized measurements of cannabis as this could end in disaster. The good news is that cannabis oil can be used to treat similar conditions in pets that humans have – anxiety, arthritis and cancer to name a few. Some pet owners have successfully treated joint inflammation, nervousness and seizures in their cats and dogs.
Before you give your dog cannabis oil, make sure:
- It is only CBD based,
- It is organic (so free from pesticides and fungicides),
- It is in tincture form so that your dog can easily ingest the drops,
- It is good quality – so pay for a good cannabis oil for your dogs.
You can use cannabis oil to treat your dogs if they suffer from these ill-health issues:
- Anxiety – the cannabis oil is calming and will help your dog get a good night’s sleep
- Seizures – CBD has proven to reduce seizures and their frequency – also in dogs
- Cancer – dogs with cancer have nothing to lose by trying CBD. Studies show that cannabinoids stop cancer cells from growing and tumours from spreading. CBD also relieves symptoms of cancer treatments, making the dogs more comfortable.
Methods to Give Your Dog Cannabis Oil:
- Cannabis oil – put a little oil in a piece of meat or a treat you usually give your dog. Or squirt the oil into the dog’s mouth using a syringe
- Cannabis oil creams – this can be used for arthritis or for dogs not wanting to eat. It is great for skin allergies and joints. Choose a natural cream including coconut or olive oils if your dog licks himself.
- Cannabis oil tinctures – do the same as with the oil – squirt into the sick dog’s mouth with a syringe or put a few drops in his favourite snack
- Cannabis oil edibles – you can make cannabis oil butter and insert this into the dog’s food or you can buy ready-made dog biscuits containing cannabis oil in some countries. Do not give your dog human edibles containing cannabis
You would use the Panacea CBD/THC tincture, dosage is weight based.