What exactly is acquired hypothyroidism?
Our team at Cannabis Therapy have started to put this series of articles together to highlight the different kind of illnesses that Cannabis oil can treat. The first in the series will focus on Hypothyroidism. The condition known as “Aquired Hypothyroidism” is a condition which results in the thyroid gland producing too little thyroid hormone. This condition can occure during childhood and will usually start affecting a child usually from 6 months of age. A persons thyroid glad is a organ that is found in the front of your neck. The thyroid produces chemicals that are crucial to help your body to function properly. Some of the functions that the thyroid helps to regulate is the temperature of the body, heart rate and growth. A persons thyroid also affects how your body uses energy and this can affect the weight gain and loss in a person.
What are the signs and symptoms of acquired hypothyroidism?
The signs and symptoms of acquired hypothyroidism may be different depending on your child’s age.
- Early signs and symptoms:
- Bulging soft mass in the belly button.
- Coarse or dull-looking facial features.
- Delay or failure in growth and development.
- Dry, flaky skin or thin and brittle fingernails or hair.
- Hoarseness and large tongue.
- Large arm and leg muscles.
- Later signs and symptoms:
- Feeling depressed, irritable, or lacking energy.
- Feeling too cold when the temperature is just right or normal for everyone else.
- Learning, speech, or behavior problems
- Problems moving his bowel, such as constipation (dry, hard stools).
- Delay in sexual development, like breasts or testes.
- Swelling of his whole body, very slow heartbeat, and troubled breathing.
- Teeth may erupt (appear) late.
If you know of someone who suffers from Hypothyroidism, our products could be of assistance. If you would like to know more, please do not hesitate to contact us today!