What Exactly is Acquired Hypothyroidism?
At Cannabis Therapy, we want to share our knowledge about the great benefits of treating various illnesses with Cannabis oil. In this article we focus on Hypothyroidism. Did you know that “Acquired Hypothyroidism” is a condition resulting in the thyroid gland producing too little thyroid hormone? This complaint can suddenly start during childhood, usually affecting a child from 6 months of age. The thyroid gland is an organ found in the front of your neck. The thyroid produces chemicals that are crucial to the proper functioning of your body. The thyroid gland helps to regulate temperature of the body, heart rate and growth. It also affects the way your body uses energy which can have an impact on weight gain and loss.
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Acquired Hypothyroidism?
The signs and symptoms of acquired hypothyroidism may vary depending on your child’s age.
- Early signs and symptoms:
- Bulging soft mass in the belly button.
- Coarse or dull-looking facial features.
- Delay or failure in growth and development.
- Dry, flaky skin or thin and brittle fingernails or hair.
- Hoarseness and large tongue.
- Large arm and leg muscles.
- Later signs and symptoms:
- Feeling depressed, irritable, or lacking energy.
- Feeling too cold when the temperature is just right or normal for everyone else.
- Learning, speech, or behavior problems.
- Problems moving his bowel, such as constipation (dry, hard stools).
- Delay in sexual development, like breasts or testes.
- Swelling of his whole body, very slow heartbeat, and troubled breathing.
- Teeth may erupt (appear) late.
If you know someone who suffers from Hypothyroidism, our products could be of assistance. If you would like to know more, please do not hesitate to contact us today!